The 2023 Minto Dream Home
The Equestrian combines timeless elegance with luxurious design, creating a unique and enviable space you’ll dream of calling home.
This stunning home with more than 4,200 square feet of interior space could be yours, so don’t miss out on getting tickets! Sign up today and stay updated on all things Minto Dream Home.
Where the heart is.
- Well-being. Back onto protected greenspace.
- Daydreaming. Large windows that overlook the semi-private cul-de-sac.
- First impressions. Arts & Crafts exterior with crisp, modern design.
- Relaxation. A fully outfitted media room, bar, and lounge area in the basement.
- Flexibility. Three-season patio for indoor/outdoor living.
- Sunset views. Private deck off the gorgeous primary bedroom.
- Togetherness. Spacious den on the first floor for a guest room or additional family living space.
The 2023 Minto Dream Home was built with resiliency in mind. The energy-efficient home is built to be 81% better than today's building code. Feel secure and find peace of mind in the future-proofed Equestrian, which has sustainable features such as:
- A home with operational carbon emission that is 88% less than current building code.
- Solar panels and a battery storage to keep your home running during a power outage.
- State-of-the-art insulation so you can stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems which also heats your basement floor, pre-heats your water, and reduces your gas consumption.
Designed to be timeless
The talents of Karen van der Velden and Tanya Collins Design are on full display again in the 2023 Minto Dream Home.
From the inside out, the Equestrian was elegantly designed to stand the test of time. The classic, fashionable, and stylish theme is transcendent, pulling buttery leather, strong colours, and an overall warmth together to create a tailor-made space you'll want to call home.
Explore the Equestrian and hear how the design came to be.
Explore the #MintoDreamHome
Learn more about the Equestrian
Meet the Designers of the EquestrianOur designers unite for the sixth consecutive year to support the CHEO Foundation with the Minto Dream Home grand prize.
The 23-year legacy of Minto Communities and CHEOThe partnership between Minto Communities Ottawa and the CHEO Foundation represents hope.
Reliving the Dream: A Look Back at Past Minto Dream HomesBuilding the Minto Dream Home for the CHEO Dream of a Lifetime Lottery is just that: a dream! It’s our chance to rally the community.
Get Minto Dream Home updates
Be among the first to receive new articles, photos and videos, and stay informed about future Minto Dream Homes.
Find your own dream home in a Minto community
- Modern, established living in Manotick
- New Single Family Home designs, estate lots, and Bungalow Townhomes
- Access to a six-acre park and a preserved woodlot, quaint shops, scenic views, and family-friendly streetscapes.
- Brand new community in Kanata and Stittsville
- Contemporary new Single Family Homes
- On sale now
- Brand new community in Barrhaven Town Centre
- New Metro Townhome designs, exclusive to Anthem and Parkside at Arcadia
- On sale now
- Family-friendly community in Barrhaven
- Newly designed Avenue Townhomes, Executive Townhomes, and Single Family Homes
- Close to parks, green space, the Minto Recreation Complex, and urban conveniences
- Uniquely urban community in Orléans
- Urban Townhomes, Avenue Townhomes, and 2-Storey Executive Townhomes
- Steps away from green space, future transit, and daily amenities
- Modern living in the heart of Kanata
- Brand new Metro Townhomes with flexible floorplans and private outdoor spaces
- Neighbourhood parks, multi-use-pathways, and a variety of nearby urban amenities
- Innovative living near the Kanata Tech Park
- Townhomes and Single Family Homes for growing households and first-time buyers
- Blends peace of mind and progress with a wealth of green space, parks, and pathways
- Coming soon to Barrhaven in 2024
- New Executive Townhomes and Avenue Townhomes
- Exclusive community surrounded by greenspace and situated beautifully beside the Jock River