Sustainability Features at North Oak Tower 3
Innovating for the Future
At North Oak Tower 3, we understand the responsibility that we have in our community to reduce the carbon footprint of our buildings while also maintaining our track record of providing exceptional value to our homeowners.
With this in mind, we set out to design a low-carbon community energy system that benefits from energy sharing between buildings and leverages the proven benefits of geoexchange heating and cooling.
Health, Wellness and Sustainable Features
- High-performance Geoexchange Community Energy system reduces operational carbon emissions by approximately 70%.
- Energy efficiency system at least 15% better than Ontario Building Code.
- Optimized building envelope for improved efficiency.
- Suites include filtered water with a point-of-use filter in the kitchen.
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures.
- Suites are designed and constructed to be fully compartmentalized to avoid air transfer.
- Amenities and public spaces include an enhanced air filtration system.
- Targeting ENERGY STAR® Multifamily High Rise certification.
- In-suite under counter kitchen waste sorting system.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations available.
- Convenient bicycle storage and bike repair station with maintenance tools.
- Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) promotes improved comfort and interior air quality.
- Chemical free cleaning system for use in all common elements to help improve indoor air quality.
- Exclusive selection of low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paints, sealants and adhesives.
- Biophilic design principles, have a holistic approach that promote residents’ physical and emotional connection to nature.
- Connection to nature with Athabasca Pond and an extensive trail network.
For us, sustainability isn't just about being environmentally conscious. It's about the actions we take to invest in building a sustainable future. Our goal is to reduce natural resources to minimize waste and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while continuing to providing customers with modern spaces to live, work and play. It's our priority today - and it will continue to be in the future. We're focused on building better communities, one home at a time - and sustainability is a big part of what defines "better". Creating spaces that promote comfort, cost savings, health and community connections is something that we're committed to.
Our communities offer advanced features that reduce water and energy use without impacting comfort or performance, delivering real-world saving year- after-year.
Windows and walls protect you from the elements, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer. These features help soothe the senses, ensuring your home is a comfortable and relaxing place to be.
It's not just about what's within your walls. Living in a connected community with real walkability, plenty of green space, parks and recreation offers more ways to meet family and neighbours and promotes a sense of belonging.
Your physical and mental wellbeing is important to us. Your home has been designed to be a healthier place to live with consideration to the materials you touch and the air you breathe.
Dundas St. E. and Trafalgar Rd. in North Oakville
All plans, dimensions and speciﬁcations are subject to change without notice. Actual usable ﬂoor space may vary from the stated ﬂoor area. Column locations, window locations and size may vary and are subject to change without notice. Renderings are artist’s concept and will change if required by site conditions. Plans, speciﬁcations and materials are subject to availability, substitution, modiﬁcation without notice at sole discretion of Minto Communities Inc. E. & O.E. March 2023.