Company & Leadership
Since our humble beginnings in 1955, The Minto Group has successfully built a fully integrated real estate company offering new homes and condos, rentals, furnished suites, property and investment management.
With expertise in home building, construction, property and investment management, we’ve built over 85,000 homes, manage 8,800 rental units and carry 2.5 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.5 billion (as at June 30th, 2018).
With over 1,100 employees in Canada and the southern USA, we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time. To us, it’s all about special moments – like the thrill of a new apartment, the pride in owning a first home, or a growing investment partnership.
- Rental homes and apartments, furnished suites and commercial space. As one of Canada’s leading property management companies, our Minto Properties Operations team proudly manages multi-residential units and commercial space in Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and London.
- New homes and condos in Canada. With more than 60,000 homes built in the Ottawa, Calgary and the Greater Toronto Areas, our Minto Communities Canada division is dedicated to constructing high-performing new homes and condos, and has earned several industry awards and accolades.
- New homes and condos in the southern USA. As one of North America’s leading builders with more than 25,000 homes built in Florida, we create a wide range of award-winning resort style master-planned communities to meet every lifestyle.
- Private Investment Management through Minto Capital. Focused on generating superior risk-adjusted returns for investors across its $2.5 billion portfolio (as at June 30th, 2018), including proprietary capital as well as private equity funds and managed accounts with institutional partners.
- Public investment opportunities through Minto Apartment REIT (MI.UN), Canada’s only 100% urban residential real estate investment trust with multi-residential rental properties across Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. The REIT’s 27 building portfolio offers a compelling long-term investment opportunity managed by a highly experienced team with a proven track record in the industry.
Our mission to build better places to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time, begins with our leaders. Our experienced leaders guide the success of our company, our employees and ultimately our communities.