Our Commitment to Sustainability
What sustainability means to Minto
We’re focused on building better communities, one home at a time - and sustainability is a big part of our “better”. By improving building performance, we’re helping to reduce utility consumption and save homeowners money while reducing impact on the environment. Creating better spaces that promote comfort, cost savings, health and community connections is something we’re completely committed to.
To us, sustainability means making the world a better place by:
- Investing in innovation
- Reducing the environmental impact of our operations as well as our products
- Ensuring our communities and workplaces are healthy and safe
- Supporting the communities we live and work in through corporate philanthropy and volunteerism
- Supporting the professional development of our people; and
- Rewarding our employees for their contributions.
Learn more about Minto's environmental commitments and living green.
Our Net Zero homes in Kanata are filled with energy efficient features.
Building on our 40 year legacy in sustainability and innovation, Minto has built four Net Zero Energy (NZE) townhomes and one NZE single-family home in our Arcadia new home community in Ottawa, Ontario.
Net Zero homes consume 65 percent less energy than a typical home and are designed to produce as much electricity as they consume in a year through rooftop solar panels.
We believe making our products and operations better for both people and the planet is compatible with our growth and prosperity.
Health and Safety Policy
We are committed to ensuring that high standards for health and safety are reflected in everything we do.