Minto recognized for Corporate Environmental Excellence
Vancouver, BC (May 19, 2010) Minto was honored as a finalist of the Corporate Environmental Excellence award presented by the GLOBE foundation. The GLOBE awards for Environmental Excellence are presented annually to extraordinary companies and industry groups who have managed to balance competitive business strategies and sustainable development. Previously, Minto was a finalist in the award category for Excellence in Urban Sustainability in 2006.
The award ceremony was held on Tuesday March 23, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada. Minto is proud to have been included in such a prestigious category recognizing outstanding achievement in environmental stewardship.
”The competition for the Corporate Award for Environmental Excellence, Facilities and Events subcategory was intense. All three finalists had outstanding projects. Minto Group‘s high-efficiency, green developments are excellent and on par with the other two finalists” says Dr. John Wiebe, President and CEO of the GLOBE Foundation.
Minto has an ongoing commitment to sustainable building. Minto Midtown was recently LEED® Gold certified making it the largest green condominium in North America and Stonefield Flats in Chapman Mills in Ottawa is the largest registered LEED® for Homes community in Canada. Minto has achieved many industry firsts:
- 1st LEED® Canada certified condominium in Canada – Radiance@MintoGardens
- 1st LEED® Canada Gold multi-residential building in Toronto – MintoRoehampton
- 1st LEED® Platinum production home in Canada – Inspiration, the Minto ecohome
- 1st office multi-tenant office building in Ottawa (180 Kent) to pursue LEED® Platinum
- Largest ENERGY STAR® community in Ontario – Mahogany in Manotick
- Largest LEED® Gold certified condominium in North America – Minto Midtown
- All BuildSmart® certified detached homes in Florida
- Audubon International’s 4 Leaf rating, The Hotel Association of Canada’s 4 Key rating and a BOMA BESt rating – Minto Suite Hotel
Minto continues to comprehensively and systematically lower the environmental impact of its land development, construction and building operations which fits into the company’s core value of making the world a better place.
Andrew Pride, Vice President, Minto Green Team
The Minto Group