MINTO PROPERTIES INC. MARLBOROUGH
RESIDENTIAL PORTAL CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
This “Minto Properties Inc. Marlborough Residential Portal Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Minto Properties Inc. (“Minto”). THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE ONTARIO AND CANADIAN LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
1. Contest Period. The Contest will run from June 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”) in Ontario only after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
2. How to Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. This Contest may only be entered in one of the two following ways. No other entries will be accepted by any other means:
a. If you are a Minto resident by signing up (during the Contest Period) using the link emailed to you during the Contest Period; or
b. by a contestant emailing his or her name, with full home address, telephone number, email, contest name, 250 word essay about your favourite apartment, along with a statement of consent indicating that he or she has read and agreed to the full terms and conditions of the Contest to Minto Properties Inc. at [email protected]
Minto is running similar contests for several of its residential developments. Only one entry per person is permitted during the Contest Period across all such contests (i.e. a contestant may not enter more than one such contest).
Contest End Date: Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period (June 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST).
Entries will be declared invalid if they are lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, irregular, mutilated, tampered with, altered, fraudulent, forger, garbles or mechanically or electronically reproduced and no responsibility is assumed by Minto for any such entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Any selected entrant may be required to provide Minto with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario who have reached or surpassed the age of majority in Ontario as of the first day of the Contest Period, and who are residing in Ontario throughout the Contest Period. This Contest is void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entrants must have fully completed the sign up process for Minto’s residential portal or entered by mail in strictly accordance with section 2(b) above.
The Contest is not open to (i) employees of Minto or its affiliated companies, (ii) Minto’s agents, advertising agencies, contractors, or other representatives or members of their respective immediate families or those with whom the forgoing persons are domiciled, or (iii) any person who has won a prize from Minto during the period from June 1, 2021 to the start of the Contest Period (or in any other Minto Contest held during any part of the Contest Period). Minto shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Minto for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Minto reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who supplies untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information at anytime.
4. Winner Selection:
a. A draw will be held, to determine a winner or winners (depending on the number of prizes). The draw will be held on July 15, 2022, from all eligible entries received on or before June 30, 2022. Subject to any delays as a result of ineligible entries, a contestant’s inability to answer a skill testing question or return the Release, or a contestant’s breach of these Contest Rules, the winner will be announced August 1, 2022.
b. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Minto at the time of the draw. Before being declared winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question, to comply with the Contest Rules. Minto may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternate skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate and include the participation of entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
c. To be declared a winner and claim the corresponding prize, the selected entrant for the prize must: (i) be reached by phone or e-mail and or/or respond to any phone call, voicemail or e-mail (in each case left at the phone number or email address provided by the selected entrant when submitting his or her entry) within 2 business days of receipt (for this purpose voicemail and e-mail are deemed received on the date left or delivered); (ii) have complied with these official Contest Rules; and (iii) sign and return the Release, described in section 6 of these Contest Rules and correctly answer the skill testing question on that Release, within 5 business days of receipt. Upon satisfaction of the above conditions, the prize letter explaining how, when and where to redeem the prize will be delivered by Minto to the winner within 30 days of being selected, at the address attached to the the winner’s entry. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by e-mail or telephone, fails to return the Contest documents within the specified time, or otherwise does not satisfy any of the above conditions; then he/she will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Minto is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the winner to receive notification or for Minto to receive a selected entrant’s response.
5. Prize: There will be 1 winner drawn at the end of this Contest and only 1 prize awarded. The prize will be an 10.2 Inch iPad having a maximum value of CAD$500.00.
Minto reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash or to another person’s name. Minto shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected prize. Only one prize per person, per family, per household or per address will be awarded. Only the winner will be notified and Minto will not communicate to individuals the fact that they have not won this Contest. Upon written request to Minto delivered to [where and to the attention of whom], the winner of the prize will be disclosed.
The winner must agree to have his or her name and/or photo published for advertising and promotional purposes, as Minto sees fit.
6. Release: The prize winner will be required to execute a written release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for this Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of Minto and its affiliates and/or related companies (and their respective successors and assigns) and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) of and from any and all liability from any manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, bonds, covenants, contracts, claims, loss, harm, damages, cost or expenses which the prize winner ever had, now has or may in the future have against the Releasees for or by reason of any cause, matter or thing arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) granting to Minto of the unrestricted right, in its sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof and consenting to the public disclosure of his or her name as a winner of this Contest.
The executed Release must be returned (with the mathematical skill testing question correctly answered), within five business days of the date indicated on the accompanying email letter of notification or the verification as the winner, or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
7. Indemnification by Contestant: By entering the Contest, each contestant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to him or her or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from such contestant’s participation in the Contest, breach of any of these Contest Rules, or from any prize-related activity undertaken by such contestant. Each contestant shall fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
8. Online Registration: Minto will not be responsible for any problem or technical malfunctions or operational problems with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to any contestant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participating in this Contest.
9. Changes: If, for any reason, any portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including without limitation by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control or for any other reason whatsoever, then Minto, in its sole and absolute discretion, may cancel, terminate, modify (including extending or shortening the Contest Period) or suspend the Contest without individual notice. Any such notice will only be posted on www.minto.com/gta/apartment-rentals/projects/Resident-Portal-Terms-Marlborough~1658.html
10. Litigation: Any litigation must be initiated in the City of Ottawa.
11. Conduct: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the www.minto.com/gta/apartment-rentals/projects/Resident-Portal-Terms-Marlborough~1658.html website throughout the Contest Period and to be bound by the decisions of Minto (which will be final on all matters relating to this Contest). Minto reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest, any Minto Website or the Minto residential portal; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Minto property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION; ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR HARM THIS CONTEST OR ANY MINTO WEBSITE OR THE MINTO RESIDENTIAL PORTAL OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, MINTO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. Privacy/Use of Personal Information:
a. By submitting an entry to this website each contestant:
(i) grants to Minto the right to use his or her name, telephone number, province and city of residence, age, gender, language, email address, photograph (“Personal information”) for the purpose of administering this Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner (and the prize won) and contacting him or her to confirm any of the information, consents, and grants that he or she has provided;
(ii) grants to Minto the right to use his or her contact information to contact him or her regarding any issues, notifications, or corrections arising from or in connection with the Contest, including without limitation relating to any prize awarded,
(iii) grants to Minto the right to use his or her Personal information for publicity and promotional purposes including but not limited to those relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, developed using the rights granted in connection with the Contest without further compensation unless prohibited by law, and
(iv) acknowledges that Minto may disclose his or her Personal information to third-party agents and service providers of Minto (including any outside of Canada), in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) (ii) and (iii) above.
b. All entries become the property of Minto and none will be returned. Minto reserves the right, at its option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements at any time without further compensation to the winner.
(b) General: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Ontario. This Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All currency indicated in these Contest rules are in Canadian dollars.