Life is Greener at Queen's Landing
Minto’s recently launched Townhome and Single home community in Queensville, East Gwillimbury, boasts energy-efficient homes featuring many high performance, eco-conscious features designed to provide energy efficiency, conservation, water savings and healthier homes to live in. East Gwillimbury has been designated a municipality under the Province of Ontario’s Places to Grow Act, and is the first jurisdiction in Canada to mandate the ENERGY STAR® for New Homes qualification for all new residential developments with over 10 homes. Queen’s Landing will also meet the water use reduction requirements mandated by the Region of York.
The single family homes will be built on 36 and 43 foot wide lots, with some homes overlooking the ravine. Towns come in several varieties such as back to back, traditional towns and rear lanes. Regardless of home type all feature extensive green features.
A Queen’s Landing home will keep you warm and cozy. To meet the ENERGY STAR® for New Homes qualification all homes will be tested for air tightness, exterior walls feature R20 insulation with R5 rigid insulation installed on the exterior of the home, and exposed ceilings with livable floor areas above will have R32 foam insulation for a superior air seal and comfort.
Green Living features at Queen’s Landing include:
- ENERGY STAR qualified appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators and laundry machines use 30% less energy, therefore reducing operating cost. Dishwashers and laundry machines are also water efficient.
- ENERGY STAR qualified windows which save on energy needed to heat or cool your home and help to create a comfortable indoor environment
- WaterSense labelled high-efficiency toilets that use no more than than 4 litres of water per flush
- Solar-ready conduit from the roof to the mechanical room to enable the future installation of solar panels
- Green Label Plus carpets reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and enable better levels of indoor air quality
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) introduces fresher air that gets distributed throughout the home and reduces your heating and cooling costs.
- On-demand hot water recirculation system designed to reduce the wait time for hot water reducing your water costs
- Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) uses shower drain water to preheat incoming cold water-reducing amount of gas needed to heat your hot water
Queen’s Landing is located at Concession Road 2 and Doane Road, north of Newmarket and is close to Highway 404 and the East Gwillimbury GO Station. Register to receive more information by email on new releases or contact our Sales Centre at 437-836-8587.