An organization and lifestyle you can feel good about.
What Sustainability means to Minto
At Minto, creating spaces that promote comfort, cost savings, health, and community connections is something we're completely committed to. We don't just talk about being an innovative green builder - sustainability is part of everything we do. To Minto, Sustainability means making the world a better place by:
- Investing in innovation,
- Reducing the environmental impact of our operations as well as our products,
- Ensuring our communities and workplaces are healthy and safe,
- Supporting the communities we live and work in through corporate philanthropy and volunteerism,
- Supporting the professional development of our people, and
- Rewarding our employees for their contributions.
Minto maintains environmental and health and safety policies to formalize our commitments and provide direction to those working for or on behalf of our organization.
At Minto, we believe people deserve to live better and that making our products and operations better for both people and the planet is compatible with our growth and prosperity.
Minto is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our real estate development, construction, and property management operations while working to create more comfortable, efficient, and beautiful spaces for our customers.
To support this commitment Minto will:
- Manage our environmental impacts and opportunities in a planned and systematic way
- Demonstrate leadership through community involvement, industry participation, and strategic partnerships
- Set environmental objectives and targets and report on our environmental performance
- Prevent pollution by implementing technologies and practices to reduce resource consumption and increase waste diversion
- Encourage resident participation in environmental initiatives through accessible information and lifestyle-compatible technologies
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which we subscribe including third party energy and environmental verification programs
- Continually improve our systems and products
Every member of the Minto team shares responsibility for the implementation of this policy. The policy will be available to customers, suppliers, contractors, and the general public and will be communicated to all employees. The Minto Management Committee will review the policy at least annually to ensure it continues to reflect the intentions and direction of the organization.
As a responsible employer, The Minto Group (Minto) is vitally interested in the continuing health and welfare of its employees, contractors and visitors to its worksites. We acknowledge the right of every employee to work in a safe and healthy environment and as such will strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards that may result in personal injuries, illness, fire, security losses and property damage.
Minto will take every reasonable precaution for the protection of its workers. Health and safety will be given the highest priority consistent with the company’s other major goals.
Every Minto employee, from senior managers to front line workers, shall receive the training and equipment necessary to ensure full compliance with applicable occupational health and safety laws, regulations and accepted industry standards.
It is understood that Supervisors have the primary responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of workers under their supervision. All employees of Minto are expected to give their complete commitment to our health and safety program and to integrate this program in all organizational activities. Anything short of this is incompatible with our company’s culture and objectives and is therefore unacceptable.
It is Minto’s belief that by working together, we can significantly reduce, if not eliminate, workplace injuries and illnesses. Please keep in mind that other members of our team depend on you and follow your example. Don’t let them or yourself down.