An organization and lifestyle you can feel good about.
What Sustainability means to Minto
At Minto, creating spaces that promote comfort, cost savings, health, and community connections is something we're completely committed to. We don't just talk about being an innovative green builder - sustainability is part of everything we do. To Minto, Sustainability means making the world a better place by:
- Investing in innovation,
- Reducing the environmental impact of our operations as well as our products,
- Ensuring our communities and workplaces are healthy and safe,
- Supporting the communities we live and work in through corporate philanthropy and volunteerism,
- Supporting the professional development of our people, and
- Rewarding our employees for their contributions.
Minto maintains environmental and health and safety policies to formalize our commitments and provide direction to those working for or on behalf of our organization.
At Minto, we believe people deserve to live better and that making our products and operations better for both people and the planet is compatible with our growth and prosperity.
Minto is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our real estate development, construction, and property management operations while working to create more comfortable, efficient, and beautiful spaces for our customers.
To support this commitment Minto will:
- Manage our environmental impacts and opportunities in a planned and systematic way
- Demonstrate leadership through community involvement, industry participation, and strategic partnerships
- Set environmental objectives and targets and report on our environmental performance
- Prevent pollution by implementing technologies and practices to reduce resource consumption and increase waste diversion
- Encourage resident participation in environmental initiatives through accessible information and lifestyle-compatible technologies
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which we subscribe including third party energy and environmental verification programs
- Continually improve our systems and products to enhance environmental performance
Every member of the Minto team shares responsibility for the implementation of this policy. The policy will be available to customers, suppliers, contractors, and the general public and will be communicated to all employees. The Minto Management Committee will review the policy at least annually to ensure it continues to reflect the intentions and direction of the organization.
At Minto, we are committed to ensuring that high standards for health and safety are reflected in everything we do.
We recognize the importance of providing employees, contractors and visitors to our worksites with a healthy and safe environment and as such, strive to eliminate foreseeable hazards that may result in personal injuries, illness, fire, security losses and property damage.
Minto is dedicated to the continual improvement of our health and safety program and performance and will take every reasonable precaution for the protection of our workers. Every Minto employee, from senior managers to front-line workers, will receive the training and equipment necessary to perform their work safely. Minto will comply with applicable occupational health and safety laws, regulations, and accepted industry standards.
While it is understood that supervisors have the primary responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of the workers under their supervision, all Minto employees are expected to give their complete commitment to understanding and integrating Minto’s health and safety program into their organizational activities. Anything short of this commitment is unacceptable.
By working together in a healthy and safe manner, we will prevent workplace injuries while continuing to create better places for people to live, work and play.