The Minto Design Centre
This is where it all happens! Not only does the Minto Design Centre offer you thousands of different product options, such as cabinets, countertops, flooring, fixtures, etc., but we also offer exceptional personal design consultation to each and every homebuyer to help you select options that will fit your lifestyle and your needs.
Why personalize your new GTA home now, when you could do it yourself later?
The Minto Design Centre offers many value-added services that are not included with a discount retailer such as:
- One-on-one appointments with our qualified and experienced Consultants to help choose and co-ordinate all of your selections, at no extra cost to you. Our designers have a keen eye for current trends, what's practical and what will translate into a higher resale value for your home.
- Availability of a wide range of excellent quality products that will be installed by skilled trades people.
- Costs incurred from options chosen for your new home can be added to your mortgage and amortized over the life of your loan. A small deposit is required.
- Your new home warranty will cover any options and selections purchased through the Minto Design Centre.
- The installation of your personal selections is co-ordinated entirely by Minto and completed before you move into your new home. Just move your furniture in and enjoy!
Your Minto Design Centre appointments
You may receive 2 scheduled appointments with your Design Consultant, each being about 3 hours long. The first will concentrate on structural/framing, electrical items and appliance requirements. The second will be all about finishes such as cabinets, countertops and flooring, etc. When booking your structural appointment, we will send you an options list detailing several items covered under structural/framing so that you can make informed decisions on the options available. Please bring your appliance information to your first appointment.
When will you be called for your first appointment? This depends on many variables from site scheduling to construction order. Trust that we will try to give you at least 2 weeks lead time when booking your appointments but don't wait. Start doing your research now on appliances and all the items that you want to include in your new Minto home.
We recommend that you arrange for a babysitter during your appointments – you may feel like a kid in a candy store among all those samples of plush carpeting and rich hardwoods, but it's not much fun for your little ones. We also suggest that you limit the amount of people coming to the appointment – your Design Consultant's office can comfortably accommodate 2 – 3 adults.
It is important that you actively participate in the selection and documentation of options, personal selections and changes to your new home. All selections documented must be authorized and confirmed at each appointment, so please ensure that you are properly prepared to make final decisions at that time. An administration fee per trade affected is levied for changes made after each appointment.
So how do you ensure you are prepared to make selections at your Design Centre appointments? Take a look at the Getting Started page for some tips and advice.