Minto Communities Among The National Winners in
14th Annual Eliant’s Homebuyers’ Choice Awards
Company Claims Second Place in Customer’s “Construction Experience” Category;
Named Honorable Mention in “Purchase Experience”
COCONUT CREEK, Fla. – August 11, 2011 – Through a mission of listening to its customers about their buying experience, applying what was learned towards the next customer and tracking its results to ensure continuous quality improvement, Minto Communities’ MasterCare program has made purchasing a home an enjoyable part of a buyer’s life while increasing referrals.
And now Minto is being recognized for it on a national level. Eliant, a national customer experience management and survey company, announced recently that Minto’s West Central Division won two awards in the medium builder division:
- National Second Place Winner: Homebuyer’s “Construction Experience”
- National Honorable Mention: Homebuyer’s “Purchase Experience”
Currently, Minto is currently building and selling homes in four desirable communities within its West Central Florida Division: Country Club East in Lakewood Ranch, FishHawk Ranch, Harbour Isle on Anna Maria Sound and Sun City Center.
Eliant announced its results after compiling data from 55,000 surveys from homebuyers who purchased their new home in 2010. In all, the surveys included information on more than 190 homebuilders around the country.
“Winning national awards is always a great honor,” states Mike Belmont, president of Minto Communities. “But when they come as a direct result of what our customers said to an independent party, it’s so much more gratifying. We can’t thank them enough for their support and we’ll use these awards to set the bar even higher for our next customer.”
Belmont states that a major reason why Minto scored so high with customers in the independent survey was the company’s MasterCare program. Through a 10-step approach, the company’s goal is to enhance a customer’s new home buying experience by making it thoroughly enjoyable before, during and after construction.
States Belmont, “Through the constant contact, update and support we give our buyers through the process, it allows us to respond to their needs and follow-up with them after their move in to assure complete and ongoing satisfaction. This is what has distinguished Minto for more than half a century and will continue to do so in the future.”
MasterCare 10-Step Quality Assurance Program includes:
- Meet Your Builder: After signing your purchase agreement and completing your design selections, you’ll have the opportunity to attend an orientation and meet your MastercareSM representative who will educate and involve you in the creation of your new home.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Checks: Minto performs a series of QA checks throughout the construction of your home to ensure that all aspects of construction are in order, that your selections are properly installed and that your home meets Minto QualitySM standards.
- How We Build: Your MastercareSM representative will meet with you to review your design selections and the structural and mechanical systems of your new home prior to drywall installation.
- New Home Celebration: Prior to closing, your MasterCareSM representative will demonstrate the features of your new home and offer useful maintenance tips.
- Closing Day Celebration: Congratulations! Today we present you with the keys to your brand new home.
- Homeowner Education: Minto provides opportunities for you to learn about homeownership and your new home.
- Homeowner’s Handbook: A comprehensive guide to the purchase and maintenance of your new home.
- Home Maintenance Seminar: Learn to maintain your new Minto home for many years to come.
- Quick Response: MastercareSM provides emergency service for those after-hour situations that might arise unexpectedly, so rest assured you can always enjoy complete peace of mind in your new Minto home.
- Move-In Visit: About one month after closing we’ll visit your home to provide answers to your questions and provide maintenance tips.
- Mid-Year Visit: We’ll visit your home and conduct a complimentary maintenance check-up. Our technician will answer any questions you may have regarding upkeep and maintenance.
- Year-End Visit: At the end of your first year of ownership, we’ll conduct another walk-through of your home and provide maintenance tips, reminders and suggestions.
In addition to building on the West Coast of Florida, Minto is actively building and selling homes on the East Coast in desirable communities such as:
- Artesia in Sunrise
- Cascada at Monterra in Cooper City
- Olympia in Wellington
- PortoSol in Royal Palm Beach
- TownPark at Tradition in Port St. Lucie
- Villas by the Sea in Lauderdale by the Lake
For complete information on Minto Communities and our homes, please visit www.mintofla.com or call 1-888-477-6890.
About Minto Communities
Launched in 1955, Minto is a family-owned business that has built more than 70,000 homes – 20,000 in Florida – and holds more than two million square feet of commercial space as part of its integrated real estate development, construction and management operations in Ottawa, Toronto and Florida.
Minto creates a wide array of award-winning new homes and resort-style master-planned communities, in addition to low, mid and high-rise condominiums to meet every lifestyle. The company has earned national awards and recognition by J.D. Power and Associates and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Founded in 1984, Eliant is the foremost consumer research company catering exclusively to the new home industry. Its consumer tracking tools and information management systems provide builders with timely, actionable information and strategies to improve the home buyer's experience, thereby dramatically increasing homebuyer satisfaction, willingness to refer friends and family and industry rankings. They are on the Web at www.eliant.com.
Scott Carpenter, cPR