MINTO APPOINTS SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE EXECUTIVES
AS REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENTS
Company taps Bullock and Svopa to continue regional success and growth
COCONUT CREEK, Fla. – June 20, 2011 – Michael Belmont, president of Minto Communities, announces the appointments of William Bullock and Steve Svopa as regional vice presidents. In their new roles within the organization, Bullock will oversee the daily operations of Minto’s West Central Florida division in Tampa and Svopa will oversee the Southeast Florida division in Coconut Creek.
“Over the past five years, Minto has successfully grown into a regional developer through our expansion into the Greater Tampa Bay market and our introduction of new models and homes into our storied communities in South Florida,” states Belmont, who was promoted to president in August 2010.
“To help our company continue on our growth plan while maintaining the high level of quality and customer service Minto is known for, it was necessary to appoint experienced professionals to lead our teams on both coasts. We couldn’t have found two more qualified individuals to run our daily operations than Bill Bullock and Steve Svopa.”
Bullock joined Minto in 2009 as a vice president after a successful career with Kolter Land Partners, Stock Development and Centex Homes. In his new position as Vice President of Operations, he will be responsible for Minto’s West Central operations that are currently active from Tampa through Sarasota.
During his career with Minto, Bullock has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills through the successful openings of Minto’s Sun City Center and Harbour Isle on Anna Maria Sound communities. Additionally, Bullock has been actively involved in the development of new systems and processes that have enhanced organizational efficiency.
Svopa joins Minto with more than 15 years of homebuilding experience through several management positions with Centex Real Estate Corp and Pulte Group. He will be responsible for directing the company’s Southeast daily operations, which Minto currently develops and builds from South Broward County to Port St Lucie.
During his career, he has been instrumental in providing the leadership to achieve more than 1,300 annual new home closings, greatly improved operational efficiencies and developing a culture that was committed to quality construction and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Minto Building in Florida
In this year alone, Minto has unveiled new models at:
- Harbour Isle on Anna Maria Sound – One of the region’s largest master planned water-front communities located in Bradenton, Harbour Isle features a Southern coastal architectural style with an incredible resort lifestyle. The six decorated models offer scenic water and nature vistas with a wide range of premium standard features. Prices start in the $320s and all homes being built to the rigorous LEED construction standards.
- Sun City Center – Building on the last available lots in one of America’s premier “55 and better” master-planned communities, Minto offers a beautiful selection of innovative homes in Kingspoint and Renaissance neighborhoods priced from the $140s. All new homes will be ENERGY STAR® certified, offer premium standard features and are ideally located near shopping centers, golf courses, medical facilities and a vast array of spectacular recreational amenities. There are seven decorated model homes now open.
- Olympia – In one of Palm Beach’s finest master-planned communities, Minto offers Mission, Palm Beach and West Indies style homes featuring rotundas, dramatic foyers, luxurious master bedrooms and airy gourmet kitchens. Located in Wellington, Florida, homes are priced from the upper $200s to over $600s.
- TownPark at Tradition – Within one of the best places to retire, the Port St Lucie community debuted seven exceptional new home designs and four new models with the outstanding features and luxurious details to satisfy the most discriminating tastes. Prices start in the $150s.
- Artesia – In Sunrise, the architectural influences of Santa Barbara, Palm Beach and the Mediterranean styles permeate four new terrace home models. Priced from the $300s, the models feature exceptional two-story living ranging from 2,117 total SF to 2,464 total SF with the bonus of having a backyard for outdoor fun.
New models are also being planned for PortoSol, located in Royal Palm Beach, with five single-family model homes opening in August and at Artesia, located in Sunrise, with four new Courtyard homes also opening in August.
About Minto Communities
Launched in 1955, Minto is a family-owned business that has built more than 70,000 homes – 20,000 in Florida – and holds more than two million square feet of commercial space as part of its integrated real estate development, construction and management operations in Ottawa, Toronto and Florida.
Minto creates a wide array of award-winning new homes and resort-style master-planned communities, in addition to low, mid and high-rise condominiums to meet every lifestyle. The company has earned national awards and recognition by J.D. Power and Associates and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Scott Carpenter, cPR