We want to make the rental process as easy as possible. In order to do so, we require some specific information. If you're ready to start the application process for your new home, please have the following information ready:
- Completed Leasing Application
- Criminal Background Check Form*
- Proof of Income
- First and Last Month's Rent
- Landlord Reference
- Rent Payment Options
Completed Leasing Application
You can print and fill out the leasing application by clicking here. Or, you can pick up an application at any one of our Resident Service Centers in Ottawa, or at any one of our rental properties in Toronto, London, Calgary, or Edmonton.
Proof of Income
To verify your income, please be prepared to provide one of the following as proof:
- Your most recent pay stub (for Calgary, two recent pay stubs are required)
- A letter of job offer on company letterhead
- Or another source of income that may apply to you
Please share the name and telephone number of your current landlord so we may call for a reference.
We will be conducting a credit check on your behalf and will require one piece of ID with your name and current address.
Criminal Background Check Form
Applicants wishing to apply for a community that is part of the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program in Ottawa, will be pre-screened by the Ottawa Police. We will need two pieces of ID, one with a photo, to complete this process.
First and Last Month's Rent
We require two cheques:
- One for payment of the last month's rent dated the day the application is submitted (Ottawa, Toronto, and London only), OR
- Security deposit for one month's rent (Calgary and Edmonton only)
- One for the first month's rent, post-dated to the first day of your lease (In Ottawa, Visa and Mastercard are also an acceptable method of payment)
Please, note that if your move-in date is within 15 days of renting the suite, we will require a certified cheque or money order for payment of your last month's rent (Visa or Mastercard are also an accepted method of payment).
Rent Payment Options
There are three easy options to pay your monthly rent:
- Pay online through your financial institution
- Take advantage of pre-authorized payments
- Pay with post-dated cheques
To take advantage of these easy methods of payment we require either a void cheque or 12 post-dated cheques with your application. This can be done when you sign your lease.