TrailsEdge - New Homes in Ottawa East
Located on the southwestern edge of Orleans, just east of Minto's Chapel Trail (where Page Road and Renaud Road intersect), TrailsEdge offers you four different models of Minto's sought-after executive townhomes.
These new Ottawa homes are close to the Ottawa River and offer easy access to major transportation networks like the 417, the 174, the Queensway and Renaud Road.
Trails Edge is an “all ENERGY STAR” community built in Ottawa by Minto Communities. It is adjacent to a future community of residential, schools, parks and retail. With good access to a future rapid-bus transit system (and future light rail), nature trails of Mud Creek and close to Mer Bleue and the NCC lands, as well as access to some commercial areas – it will be part a future diverse community of people and businesses.
Natural resource conservation is a priority for Minto – including energy, water and reduction in construction materials and waste. With the increasing cost of energy and awareness of the impacts of energy production on our natural environment and climate – the demand for energy efficient solutions in all industries has never been stronger.
TrailsEdge is an open community with public access to sidewalks and parks. With a compact footprint of 19 DU/Acre, this helps make efficient use land inside the urban boundary and supports efficient use of transit.
Some other features:
- landscape design to eliminate traditional sod (using lower-water use and non-invasive sod) – called RTF, ‘rhizome turf fescue grass’
- for reduced water use: low-flow shower heads, toilets, and lavatory faucets. Reduced water use will also be achieved through lower water use landscaping design.
- low VOC paint and Green label Plus Carpets as standard – this will enhance indoor air quality.
- Design the community for pedestrians
o Build bike / pedestrian connections to the future bus transitway, along the creek system and connecting to the future school and park sites.
o Strong pedestrian connections east-west to future to future development areas
o Public active and passive parks and open spaces are focused centrally to the communities and passive park areas are provided along the creeks. Storm water management ponds will be adjacent to open spaces to provide more public open space – these parks will be a feature of the community.
o Walkable access to schools, parks and future retail
- Construction waste will be separated on site for recycling and a diversion rate exceeding 75% of construction waste from landfill will be established
- Materials with a recycled content and/or which are extracted and manufactured locally are preferred.
For additional information, please call our Avalon Sales Centre at 613-834-6400 or fill out our Query Form.